Recently I have been trying to buy a pair of winter boots.
The ones I want are out of the USA and are specific cold weather boots. My feet freeze here and with a UK Christmas coming up wanted to get them now for our winter as well. They have a shop function on their website. So far this is the story of my boots
– found boots, liked them wanted to buy them
– website does not ship to Australia
– website has no information for Australian distributers
– email site and ask why I can’t buy the shoes online
-receive message back saying I can’t buy online “because it is summer”
– email site and say “what???” and ask for Australian distributer information
–get Australian distributer information. Call distributer, phone number does not work. Check distributers website, site under construction no contact information of any kind on website
– email USA site back again explaining the above. Get 2 more phone numbers and email addresses to try as USA company not quite sure if the distributers are still the distributers?
– email Australian distributers, some of the emails bounce back
– get email from Australian distributers with an address of a place here in Sydney who are meant to have stock but the distributers are unsure if they do have stock or not?
– go instore, they don’t have my size in Australia
– try USA website again, try to purchase using my PayPal account they won’t accept any PayPal not registered in the USA
– try to pay by credit card, they want me to become a “member” and create a login. Asking me all kinds of questions
– now have to re log into website as a “member” have to reselect the boots I want to purchase, fill in shipping information to my friend who lives in the USA. They will not let you purchase until you provide full address and phone number (I don’t have her number as I use Skype to call her, it’s 4am there so can’t contact her to get all the correct details).
– boots still not purchased and this whole process has taken more than 3 weeks.
So despite the fact I still don’t have my boots can you see just how bad this business is? I want to give them money and yet they have done everything possible to make it impossible for me to give it to them.
For everyone who is selling online take a look at your processes, anything that is an impediment to your customer giving you money get rid of it. Make the process as simple as possible. Trust me your customer will thank you for it!
Japan Fashion Guide now available $5.00. Click here to purchase.